Welcome to the official website for the
The 63rd Battalion of Lightfoot Militia.
Authorized by the Washington State Constitution and the second amendment to the United States Constitution as "Unorganized Militia," we are officially a civilian volunteer organization. As such, we will carry out operations in absence of orders as dictated by necessity during a crisis. All 63rd Bn. Lightfoot Militia personnel will conduct themselves with professionalism, integrity and the utmost respect for others at all times. The 63rd Bn. Lightfoot Militia has a wide spectrum of missions, from disaster relief to terrorism prevention. Given that the militia is primarily defensive and local in nature, it is natural that much of its resources should be aimed at bettering the communities from which it is derived.
WHO CAN JOIN
You must be over the age of 18, never adjudicated mentally deficient, and not a member of a hate group to be eligible to volunteer.
Racists, moral reprobates, socialists, communists, anarchists, & provocateurs are not welcome.
We do not discriminate and welcome people of different races, creeds, gender, religions, et al, as long as they are
US Citizens and willing to swear the following oath:
• I am an American, serving with the unorganized civilian militia whichguards my homeland, state, and the constitutions thereof.
• I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
• I will never surrender of my own free will.
• If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they have the means to resist.
• If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means possible.
• I will make every effort to escape, and aid others to escape.
• I will accept neither parole, leniency, or any special favors by the enemy.
• If I become a POW, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.
• I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades.
• If in command, I will strive to maintain morale of those under my command.
• If not in command, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me.
• When questioned as a POW, I am bound to give only name, rank, and date of birth.
• I will evade answering any further questions to the best of my ability.
• I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my beloved homeland and its citizens, or
harmful to their continuing struggle for freedom as prescribed by the Constitution of the United States.
• In all cases, I will endeavor to instruct and inform members of the unorganized militia units, seeking to
persuade them to join the Patriot struggle; urging them for justice and conscience sake to return
America to the Constitutional Republic our forefathers envisioned.
• I will never forget that I am an American, a citizen of the greatest nation on Earth, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free.
• I will place my trust in God, the Constitution of United States of America, and the loyalty of her people.
The primary goal of the militia is to form the nucleus of a strong civilian defense organization. Furthermore, it is to maintain a
constant state of readiness in the event that it should be called up to perform its Constitutional functions. All citizens who intend
to form militia units, and those already established, are encouraged to use this organizational structure to ensure a degree of
standardization, coordination, and parity between units and unit operations. A militia unit can not and will not become a viable
military organization, or have any potential for effective civil defense and response, until the talk stops and purposeful organization begins.
Officers must effectively organize group efforts and provide for training, unit organization, response strategies, intelligence,
security and communications. Logistics Officers must ensure the acquisition of resources consistent with the tactical role assumed by the
unit. Every member must acquire and develop proficiency in the use of firearms, field and specialized equipment. Each member must be
committed to the purpose and goals of the unit. In any organization, there needs to be a clear chain of command to insure effective
coordination of the smaller units. At the same time, units must be capable of responding to the immediate circumstances without
having to request permission to act.
All team members must pass Level 1 line qualifications. They must also train and cross-train in five basic skills.
The primary skills being: Operations, Engineering, Marksmanship, Medical and Communications. At full strength a team
should have two persons in each assignment. Each team member will train in two assignments; a primary skill, and a
secondary skill in case the primary man is unavailable.Training is a vital part of our operations. and occurs continuously.
All training is conducted with safety in mind. We are always exploring new types of training. We leverage the skills of our membership
and strive the most expert training available to us. Some of the skills we specialize in include:
• Land Navigation (Map and Compass)
• Tactical Systems
• Radio Communication / Hand Signals
• Ranging and Ballistics First Aid / CPR Disaster Relief
• Firearm Safety
• CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
• Self Defense
• CBRN Preparedness (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear)
• Civil Unrest
• Search and Rescue
• Family Preparedness
...and many others!
Training generally occurs on the Saturdays after the Unit meetings on the third Friday of every month , however not all
training takes place in the field. Certain classes such as medical and CPR are classroom trained. We simply ask that you
attend as many as you can, when you can. We are only as good as our proficiency in our trained skills.
WE ARE NOT / WE DO NOT
• Promoting the overthrow of any government whether local, state or national.
• We want our governments to return to the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of
Independence and the Constitution defined and instituted.
• We are not advocating or promoting violence towards any organization, group or person.
•We are not advocating or promoting the removal of any person from his or her elected office.
YOU IN THE MILITIA
You may be saying, "what can I do?" or "I don't have any training for that!" We understand. The militia is unlike
anything you've probably ever experienced. It requires you to ask more of yourself, to learn new skills, and to
take the path less traveled. It requires courage, integrity, and strength of character.
In the militia you will be charged with defending your fellow man, helping those in need, facing disaster and taking a
stand when it is much easier to do nothing.
FOR INFORMATION ON MEMBERSHIP, MEETING LOCATION & TIMES CONTACT US BY E MAIL:
Web Design by dbl-clik.com / all rights reserved 63lightfoot.com